- To create an exhibit for EPIC Games’ highly anticipated new IP, Fortnite at Gamescom 2017.
- The title was due to enter early access just before the event – which was perfect timing for reaching a large German audience.
- Design, build and manage a 100sqm booth to demonstrate. Fortnite, with fun rides and features.
- Stage to host cosplay meet and greets.
- Create a method to track engagement on the booth and retention following the event.
- Arrange for 2x attractions to be created and managed, factoring in all health and safety remits and precautions.
- Ensure the booth quality reflects that from the game, taking elements of the game and bringing it to life on the booth.
What We Delivered:
The brief contained many activation concepts that would require a lot of health and safety aspects to be considered and precautions taken against. With this in mind, we delivered the following for EPIC at Gamescom:
- 100sqm booth, located in a great location in hall 10.1.
- Ridable, mechanical Llama featuring soft fall area for visitors to #ridethellama throughout the show and win merchandise for their efforts.
- Included a safety team to operate this throughout the event.
- Large, bright LED screens displaying content from the game and advertisements for cosplay meet/greets.
- 2nd spring Llama built for visitors to take pictures with.
- 10x playable gaming stations created towards the outside of the booth for visitors to raise awareness for the game and encourage visitors to come play.
- Variety of merchandise designed and produced for giveaways (tokens to ride the Llama, golden coins, T-shirts).
- Coordinated cosplay activations and prop building ahead of the event.