||Head of PR
||Alconbury / Remote UK
||Dependent on Experience
||Full Time / Permanent
||Director of Client Services
||15th April, 2020
Heaven Media is a marketing agency which delivers campaigns globally. We operate solely within the Gaming and eSports industry with specialist knowledge and experience within this market. Our core services are events, sponsorships, influencers, social media and content creation, creative services (video production and photography), advertising, computer equipment hire and public relations.
Reporting directly to the Director of Client Services, the Head of PR is the focal operational point of the PR department, able to guide, lead, and set an example to the team in effective PR, communications and strategy to benefit our clients and our business. You’ll lead the PR team on an operative level that aligns and activates PR activities in the gaming industry across multiple channels and campaigns.
You will lead a team to effectively carry out assigned PR duties on client accounts. The main indicator of your success in this position will be the effective management of the team, as well as developing the internal PR workflows, processes and systems to continually improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
Furthermore, you will provide thought leadership both internally and to clients to identify key opportunities for growth. Liaise directly with clients to ensure needs are met and high client satisfaction. Field incoming PR enquiries and direct suitable responses in the form of decks, proposals, outreach, meetings and calls.
- Develop or improve on existing internal PR workflows, processes and systems to continually improve the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage a 5-7 person PR team to design, execute and deliver creative and successful communications plans in the UK and internationally that match or exceed expectation within public relations, communications or media outreach.
- To devise teams best suited to a client’s needs and monitor an adjust performance within ongoing campaigns.
- Delegate responsibilities, manage resources to your team by effectively liaising, supporting, planning and sharing to drive success, governance and high morale.
- Create a strong work ethic within the team environment, and to assess bottlenecks and areas of availability among the team to ensure efficiency.
- Be available to team members to share experience and engage in continuing training in aspects of PR & Communications.
- Work with all team members on growth plans and conduct regular performance reviews; identifying key areas of growth, and to ensure time and training is made available to grow the individual staff members skillset, and that of the agency.
- Work with the senior management team to budget efficiently and effectively to assess, implement and deliver against agreed targets in budget and team performance.
- Advising on staffing requirements and working to maintain profitability.
- Accountable for issue management, crisis communications and managing reputational risk.
- Collaborate with other internal service teams to maximise opportunities within events, sponsorships, influencers, video/photography, social media, content, loaner pool and beyond (where applicable to client’s requirements).
- Monitor the press/public’s opinions on clients and client’s products, suggesting and implementing strategies to increase value to the client. Manage crisis and issues.
- Communicate client strategies, performance and issues to management team.
- Manage responses to media and public enquiries, interviews with media outlets, and preparation of and distribution of press releases, assets, samples and game code.
- Manage content writing for emails, newsletters, brochures, and other publications for clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Develop and manage the contacts database.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience delivering high impact B2B PR & communications projects within the PC gaming industry. Please note that applications without gaming industry experience will not be considered.
- A resilient, proactive leader. Strong leadership, mentoring and strategic direction will be essential to your success.
- Ability to work on multiple client projects simultaneously, whilst maintaining client relations, team leadership and hitting deadlines.
- A flexible approach to change working hours and adapt to business needs, attending events onsite including evenings and weekends as required.
- A natural ability to build strong relationships with clients through your positive attitude and enthusiasm for achieving results.
- Media savvy, you will have a great understanding of current communications techniques, be an expert in producing high quality presentations and accomplished in areas of all forms of communication.
- A strategic thinker, you will be personable, extremely well organised, a strong team player and an exceptional communicator and presenter.
- Full driving license and vehicle.
- Must be able to travel internationally and hold a current passport.
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Collaborative work spirit.
Send CV, covering letter, and portfolio to Jackie Rahman at firstname.lastname@example.org.