We spearheaded the EU PR for Team Liquid in association with Alienware for the opening of the esport organisation’s brand new European training facility in Utrecht, The Netherlands. Our work contributed to raising the profile of both the Team Liquid and Alienware brands; as well as signifying the emergence of elite-level esports in Europe.
- Generate hype and coverage for the opening of Team Liquid’s Alienware Training facility
- Establish the AWTF (Alienware Training Facility) EU as the new European HQ for Team Liquid, raising the profile of esports in the EU region
- Secure a range of media interviews with Team Liquid players and management across mainstream, specialist, and esport press to raise the profile of the opening
- Fully operational press office; both proactive and reactive
- Media outreach: pitching, responding and follow up
- Announcements: releases, media blasts, and sell-ins
- PR planning & strategy and regular team calls
- Weekly reporting
- Copy proofing and copy generation
- Liaising with Dell and Alienware’s internal and external PR agencies to unify strategy and focus
- Crisis management
- Organising and arranging pre-launch interviews with players and Team Liquid management for members of the global press
- Providing in-depth reporting upon project completion assessing the quality of the campaign
What We Delivered
- 15 Top Tier media interviews, features, and on-site tours with high tier specialist esports press and local NL press, including PC Gamer, Il Fatto Quotidiano, Sport1, and DUIC.
- 18 unique EU territories covering the AWTF EU opening through feature and news coverage
- 53 pieces of coverage for the EU reveal of Team Liquid across the European regions
- 685m unique monthly visitors from feature and news campaign coverage
In six months, we successfully facilitated and coordinated a strong range of coverage from mainstream, sports, esports, and games specialist press. Despite the challenges of opening an on-site facility during a pandemic, we managed to secure fantastic interviews with Team Liquid’s players and management, delivering impactful coverage to a wide range of audiences.